Popular Posts

Monday 27 July 2015

Dutch folks think it's one of the world's better airlines but KLM let me tell you what I know from an old lady who used to work at the place I volunteered at and what our travel agent at flight told us today...

We were buying travel insurance today and she (the travel agent) said be careful KLM are notorious for over booking their flights and bumping passengers who already have a confirmed booking with KLM off their flights.

Another incident I Know of is the lady I knew who got bumped off her paid and confirmed business class flight and was sent to LHR to get back to South Africa.

sorry folks but unless you are flying to the Netherlands and nobody else in your country has a direct flight rather book another airline?

There was a family who were supposed to be on the ill fated Malaysian Airlines Aircraft, that got blow up over Georgia by rebels, who were booked on that flight but due to over booking (all airlines overbook their flights due to no shows (passengers who book but do not show up for their flights, I read in a book on BA when I was younger that LHR-JFK sometimes has 90% no shows - why passengers do this who knows?) had to take the later KLM flight and they were not pleased at the time for being downgraded to the later KLM flight but at least they never got killed. The cabin crew are not as pleasant as other airlines I have flown on and then there's their disgusting uniform that is royal blue and not too trendy (fashionable),  like Emirates Crews, Virgin, British Airways, Air Malta, Alitalia who all have stylish uniforms that are tailor made. They all wear the same shoes too and nobody looks shabby.

On the last KLM flight I took, last year July the KLM cabin crew on that flight were all friendly and the FA who was serving our section even offered me the whole box of Mentos if I wanted to take them!  (We were about an hour from CPT airport and she said she had already packed them away so nobody else on that flight would want any.  Despite her generous offer I never took them - but this is all leading to the fact that some KLM FAs are lovely.  On my first ever KLM flight CPT-AMS (in 2007 the purser helped me onto the jetway and lifted my bag down onto it - and there was the funny Italian Steward who said when we bought duty free and he swiped our KLM flying blue loyalty card - that in 50 mores years we might be eligable for a free flight on KLM - he knew that we fly KLM evry year from CPT-AMS-CPT.

So no KLM I am not doing KLM bashing I am merely saying some good/some bad but you could improve your customer experiences!

Anyway see you on board KL 598 next week Wednesday when I make another journey of inspiration with you!  May your crew members be super on that flight then I can report on it. ...

Signing off DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment