Popular Posts

Sunday 22 March 2020

This has always interested me because my family and I flew Lesotho airways to Seychelles and back a week later in 1989

Logo lesotho airways.png

Historical fleet[edit]

Lesotho Airways DHC-6 Twin Otter

Our flight to the Seychelles was on an Air Zimbabwe 707 because the lesotho airways plane had a technical - it (the Lesotho Airways 707) was leased from SAFAIR as far as my research showed.

South African Airways was not permitted to fly to the Seychelles, as a South African man on a chartered Air Swaziland Fokker F28 attempted a coup on the island in 198? 4 or 5. Also SAA was banned from flying there due to the awful political situation - Apartheid.  So TFC tours (the tour operator company that no longer exists ) somehow had an ingenious idea of using a leased 707 operated by the airline Lesotho Airways. I saw last night that this particular aircraft in Lesotho Airways Livery was at AMS at one point?!? Tres interesant.

No comments:

Post a Comment