Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Beat the Altitude Blues

Travel Hacks to Beat the Altitude Blues

  • Pick your time of travel to suit your body clock – If you can’t really sleep on planes, avoid red eye flights. Book a day flight so that you can sleep when you arrive at your destination and avoid a sleepless night. Personally I prefer to fly during the day for the shorter haul flights with Asia Pacific for flights less than seven hours.
  • Pick your seat in advance – You can either do this online and if not, check in early to get your preferred seat. I always prefer to sit in the middle aisle in a two aisle cabin aircraft (such as the A380, B777, B787 aircraft) or if the side aisles when there are only two seats. I usually avoid the seats close to the toilets as well because I won’t be able to get a restful sleep from the disruption of people heading to the loo….. unless, it is a bulkhead seat with lots of leg room.
  • Pack your travel essentials – Dress comfortably and layer so you can add or remove extra garments depending on the temperature in the cabin. I’ll usually bring my own eye mask, ear plugs or just my own ear phones.  I will definitely bring along in travel pouch that contains Neal’s Yard Remedies To Roll (A lavender pure essential oil roll on in case of smelly travellers in the vicinity), AESOP Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand WashAESOP Immediate Moisture Facial Hydrosol, Mints and tissue paper. If the airline provides tooth brush, I wouldn’t bring one along.
  • Kill time on board – Bring your own entertainment if the airline you fly on has limited inflight movie selection. I bring along my relaxation music saved in my mobile device from Spotify Premium. Time passes much faster this way.
  • Avoid looking at the time – Looking at the time makes me nervous. Counting down to arrival can be excruciatingly torturing.
- See more at: http://www.aviationfigure.com/the-worlds-longest-direct-flights-from-asia-pacific-and-europe/#sthash.R8Xs3t7J.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment